agricultural use of gray water

  • Subject: [cg] agricultural use of gray water
  • From: Worms4U@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:40:07 EDT

Greetings all,
I am the educational coordinator @Denver Urban Gardens (D.U.G), the Denver-based non-profit responsible for over 70 community gardens in Denver & surrounding areas. One of our endeavors is a CSA (currently 3 acres in production, certified organic, situated on 140 acres of historic land). Denver receives approximately 9-11" of rain/year and we are investigating the use of agricultural gray water for field irrigation. Denver's severe drought (even with our mind-boggling blizzard this year) made us wonder if there would be any water at all for our gardens & farm. I would appreciate hearing from any folks that have investigated (including scientific studies) using alternative water sources for irrigation. Thanks much for any help.
Warm regards,
Judy Elliott
Denver Urban Gardens
3377 Blake St., Suite 113