Re: New Brunswick, NJ: gardens?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] New Brunswick, NJ: gardens?
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:46:21 EDT

Matt,

1) For all things relating to  community gardening , you could do worse than
visiting the sponsor of this listserv, the American Community Gardening
Association's website at  <A HREF="http://www.communitygarden.org/";>American
Community Gardening Association</A> .  A New Jersey community garden lins from our
links page:

<A HREF="http://denvillegardens.org/";>Denville Community Gardens</A>

In New Brunswick:

2) "CHEC (Suydam St.) Community Garden posted on May 4, 2003 in Community
Guidebook
By Lorena

 Community Health & Environmental Coalition of New Brunswick is an inclusive,
community-driven coalition, committed to creating a sustainable urban
environment in New Brunswick.

We envision a city without disease and disability due to environmental
causes, violence, or lack of proper nutrition.

Through advocacy, capacity building, and development of self-sustaining
projects, we work to influence local policy and affect positive change in the New
Brunswick Community.

CHEC-NB serves as an intermediary between community groups and policy-makers
to facilitate information exchange, empowering residents to shape the
processes that affect their lives.

The Community Health and Environmental Coalition of New Brunswick (CHEC-NB)
is committed to working with NB community members towards enhancing the health
and environment of our community. This spring will be the official grand
opening of our beautiful new community garden at 220 Suydam St.

For more information and/or to register for a space in the garden, please
e-mail us at: chec_nb@yahoo.com

We need dedicated, community minded individuals, to get the garden started
ASAP. If that’s you please get in touch with us right away, we’d love to hear
from you. "

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,

<< ubj:  [cg] New Brunswick, NJ: gardens?