Re: incinerators

  • Subject: Re: [cg] incinerators
  • From: Derek Steel derek@gol.com
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:12:25 -0400

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 04:38 PM, a.h.steely wrote:

Japan has some process called plasma but I can't find it with any words I
plug into my browser.

Since I read Japanese, I took a quick look on some Japanese pages. I came up with the term "pulsed plasma", which may give your search engine something more specific to bite on. My impression is that it is not necessarily a Japanese technology, although they may be in the forefront of development, particularly given some incinerator-related public health scares in recent years. It seems to be a general technology with a multiplicity of applications in addition to waste disposal. Most of the references are research-oriented and not for the layman--in other words none I found offering off-the-shelf commercial plasma incineration products. Here's one that gives some description: http://www-eng.llnl.gov/documents/pulser_tech/gvpctta93_base.html. And another; http://www.solarwindsys.com/plasma.htm

Hope this helps.

Derek Steel
Maine, USA