Organizations sponsoring donations to community gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Organizations sponsoring donations to community gardens
  • From: "Vicky Vogels" vickyv@northerngardener.org
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:19:47 -0500

I had a question posed to me by a local newspaper - are there more
organizations around the country that support community gardens the way
that Philadelphia Green and Minnesota Green support community gardens?

As you may know, Philadelphia Green has supported the development and
ongoing care of community gardens, neighborhood parks and high-profile
public green spaces in Philadelphia since 1974.

The Minnesota State Horticultural Society's Minnesota Green Program is
in its 16th year serving the greening efforts of thousands of volunteer
gardeners throughout the state, primarily through our plant donation
network.

Are there other organizations that support community gardening efforts
in a similar way?

Thanks for your replies, and looking forward to meeting some of you at
the ACGA conference here next week!
Vicky

Vicky Vogels
Community Outreach Coordinator