RE: Organizations sponsoring donations to community gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Organizations sponsoring donations to community gardens
  • From: "Jack Hale" jackh@knoxparks.org
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:14:17 -0400

My organization, the Knox Parks Foundation, in Hartford, Connecticut,
started its first community garden in 1972 and have been sponsoring them
ever since.  We currently sponsor about a dozen in Hartford.  We also
sponsor community tree plantings, all sorts of horticultural/environmental
volunteer activities, and a very large street planter program.  We have an
AmeriCorps youth conservation corps called the Green Crew that supports all
this activity.  More information through our (rather outdated) website -
www.knoxparks.org.

Jack N. Hale
Executive Director
Knox Parks Foundation