Re: Chlordane and Soils

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Chlordane and Soils
  • From: "Mike McGrath" MikeMcG@PTD.net
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:17:21 -0400

1. Let's see--my first thought is that I'm not sure what your 'tolerable' levels are (under 50 PPM, I'm guessing?), but 'not a lot' of lead is a VERY good initial sign.

2. I have a special 'fondness' for this old chemical; I'm a comic book geek and villains were always using it against the Archie Comic's super-hero, The Fly. So I've read a lot about it in my after-comic geekhood.
The only 'hit or miss' part would be making sure you hit injected soil; taking a hundred or so samples, mixing them up good and then sampling that sample would be a good start.
The test will likely be expensive but any A & L Lab should at least be able to facilitate it.

Oh, and the root vs leaf vs fruit thing is bogus; toxic soil is toxic soil.
----Mike McG
----- Original Message ----- From: <katherine@kccua.org>