Re: Threatened Gardens, Buffalo NY

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Threatened Gardens, Buffalo NY
  • From: "Lenny Librizzi" plantlot@rcn.com
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:41:02 -0400

Kirk,
We tried in NYC to pass legislation in 2000 and 2001. Bills were
introduced, committee hearings were held but it was never brought up for a
vote before the full city council. We even employed a lobbyist to no
avail. The speaker of the city council controls which bills are brought up
for a vote and even thogh we had enough sponsors to pass the lgislation,
He never allowed a vote. Development interests probably played a role in
stopping this introduction. So you have to understand how your city
council operates.
I am attaching the introduced bill.
Good Luck.
Lenny Librizzi

--

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name of Community%20Garden%20Legislation12-01.doc]