Threatened Gardens, Buffalo NY

  • Subject: [cg] Threatened Gardens, Buffalo NY
  • From: Kirk _ kirkl81@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
         My name is Kirk Laubenstein and I am a community gardener in Buffalo, NY.  Our city has many gardens and some are under threat of development, even though there are literally 1000's of other places to build.  We need help on drafting a resolution to bring before the city council to stop the destruction of these gardens.  Does anyone have concrete langauge that we can use to take before the council, or ideas on how to get legislation passed to protect our community gardens?
Thanks for your help,
Kirk Laubenstein
Nickel City Housing Cooperative
Buffalo, NY