Re: corn gluten meal

  • Subject: Re: [cg] corn gluten meal
  • From: "Ken Hargesheimer" minifarms@gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:16:06 -0500

Corn Gluten Meal is an organic herbicide.  In the early spring, there is a 3
weeks window to apply it for spring weeds and same in the fall.  It is
difficult to say when that time begins. It kills the weed just as the seed
sprouts.  I prefer the meal and water it in but I can only get pellets now
and the birds love them.  I buy at the feed store [50#, $16].
Go to www.dirtdoctor.com to learn more. Dirt Doctor magazine is excellant on
organic living.

Ken Hargesheimer