Re: Now for my question re: Knot weed and weeds in general

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Now for my question re: Knot weed and weeds in general
  • From: "Rachel August" rachelaugust@charter.net
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:13:12 -0700

Here are a couple websites that should help:

Here's some information re vinegar as an herbicide:

There is much more information available on the internet; google "knotweed" and "vinegar weeds".

You wrote, "Black plastic is out as we are organic." Being organic is commendable, but what does that have to do with laying down black plastic to suppress weeds? I am unaware that black plastic is not permitted in an organic garden. That seems to me to be as foolish as saying you can't use metal tomato cages.

I try to garden organically, but every once in a while, chemicals are necessary.