Re: vegetable washing

On 08/24/99 14:39:24 you wrote:

>We are designing a community garden site with about 150 gardening
>families.  One aspect of the design includes a vegetable washing
>station. We are wondering who has some good, relatively simple plans,
>preferably plans that use recycled/reused materials.
>
>CAC Gardens Program, Madison Wisconsin

Tho' I've no plans, I would urge a system that includes reuse of the water.
As this summer, and likely summer's to come, indicates, drought is a very serious thing, and seeming to becoming a trend.
Waste not a drop. Capture it, water plants with it.
I'm saying this as a farmer who's watching fellow farmers go under, and a citizen watching fellow citizens have no water because their
wells went dry.
Water, as we use it, is NOT a renewable resource, so we must start holding ourselves accountable for every drop we use.

Happy Gardening!

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

"The world is not to be put in order; the world is order incarnate.
It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order."
- Henry Miller

Food is power... are you in control of yours?