RE: vegetable washing

If you grow aerated vegetables (tomatos, beans, spinach etc.) rather than
root veggies, then it's not a real problem. If you're doing an organic
garden instead of using every toxic chemical onder the sun, then a washing
station is not necessary. We have a community garden in NYC ( probably
smaller than the one you're planning) with 108 individual plots and a large
public garden area (clintoncommunitygarden.org)which we've been operating
for 21 years, organically in mid-town Manhattan.

We do not have a washing station.