Re: vegetable washing

I coordinate a community garden in Philadelphia. Our raised bed vegetable
garden is smaller but we also have a lot of communal fruit and herbs. The
idea of a washing station has never been an issue, root vegetables can be
washed while watering one's plot. We do have a strict organic gardening
policy which I think is really important in an urban garden or in any
garden. With ground water such an issue, destroying what water we have with
toxic chemicals is unthinkable.  You wouldn't want to water your garden
with waste water containing a unknown mix of roundup,sevin ....
If youre interested in seeing our organic  policy, I'd be glad to email it
to you.

Christine Hibbard
Squirrel Hill Community Garden
Philadelphia