donating xmas trees

I thought I'd share something we're doing in the Bronx. Our garden is on an
overpass and wooded "urban remnant" along the Henry Hudson Parkway.
Something we need are evergreens to interplant in the woods to screen the
highway so we have asked for donations of living Christmas trees that can be
planted in the woodland garden after the holiday. A nursery has donated free
delivery and the newspaper has publicized it. We'll see what the response
it.

Our 501C3 sponsor has a question I wonder if anyone can help with. We would
like to give a letter of acknowledgement for the trees so that people can
claim them as charitable contributions. Does anyone else do this? What form
of letter do you write, and how does it show up in your own bookkeeping?

Thanks,

Hilary of "Endor"