Re: donating xmas trees

Hilary wrote:

>Our 501C3 sponsor has a question I wonder if anyone can help with. We would
>like to give a letter of acknowledgement for the trees so that people can
>claim them as charitable contributions. Does anyone else do this? What form
>of letter do you write, and how does it show up in your own bookkeeping?

Just sent them a letter on the sponsor's letterhead, thanking them for the
donation, saying what the approximate cash value was and mention that your
sponsor is a 501c3 so that the letter is reciept of their charitable donation.

Put all that in the 1st paragraph, then use the rest of the space to talk
about what you're doing and to invite them to join other future events at
your garden.  Then keep those addresses in your database and ANY time you're
doing something at the garden, invite them to join in!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of