Re: Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #551 - 5 msgs

Comrades,

We don't sell food at NYC's Clinton Community Garden (we're only a 100 x 150
foot garden) but we do sell the honey we harvest from our bee hive at $6.00 a
half pound jar.  The honey is for sale to garden key holders ( we have 2000
of them) the proceeds go to garden projects. Honestly, we make more money off
of t-shirts, baseball hats, tote bags and the like which we sell at the 9th
Avenue Food festival and the like.   We do usually keep several jarsof honey
aside for thank-you presentation gifts to electeds, governmental appointees,
like the parks commissioner and visiting firemen on ceremonial occasions like
TPL's  Lordahl.

As our 108 queen-sized mattress size individual plots are so small, even with
Jeavons style raised beds, nobody thinks of selling stuff - it's mostly
kitchen garden/cutting garden stuff.