(no subject)

I am the Director of the North Lawndale Community Small Grants Initiative,
based on the West Side of Chicago.  We are currently developing an
African-themed community garden on the corner of 12th Place and Central
Park.  The development of the garden will be preceded by a community-wide
research project.  Residents, students and church groups will be asked to
research the African American experience in North Lawndale, (people,
traditions, arts, culture) and draw relationships to the arts and culture in
Durban, South Africa.  The planting, garden layout, and artwork will be
driven by results of the research and a design charrette.  While we are not
preserving an historic structure, we are preserving the history of a
community and raising a level of pride.  Who in your agency might I contact
to discuss the project in further detail?  We are looking for funding and/or
technical assistance.  Total project costs are approximately $220,000.