RE: (no subject)

Mr Leonard:

Here are some on-line links that I hope may be of service to you. Good luck
with your project.

Try out these in-Chicago resources:

The University of Chicago Urban Extension:

The Cooks County Sherrif's Garden:

The educational resources at the Chicago Botanical Garden are superb ( I'm a
big fan of their "Enabled Garden" for seniors and folks in wheelchairs.)

You may want to talk things over with other community gardeners in your
area. I'm a big fan of the scrappy "Frankie Machine " community garden:

There is always the City of Chicago Dept. of the Environment:

Here's the web archive for Mike Novak's WGN Chicago gardening show:

I'd also contact the Trust for Public Land in your part of the world:

You may want to talk to the nice people at the Schomburg Library in NYC

This book "African-American Gardens and Yards in  the Rural South" by
Richard Westmacott may be of interest to you:

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman