Re: FW: [cancommgardens] soil decontamination / geotextile membrane

  • Subject: Re: [cg] FW: [cancommgardens] soil decontamination / geotextile membrane
  • From: Sharon Gordon <gordonse@one.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:27:50 -0500

I have seen a machine at a former gas station location that was filtering all
the dirt on the land to remove the contamination from the soil.  I was
traveling at the time and don't remember where I saw it.  I had the
sense that the soil would also be sterile when it was done, so if you did
like that, I think it would help to bring in some nontoxic soil with live
soil organisms to reinnoculate it.

There's also
phytoremediation  http://www.bioengineering.com/phytoremediation.html .