tax relief for community garden owners

  • Subject: [cg] tax relief for community garden owners
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:53:56 -0500

Hi Judy & CG Friends ,

I'm not sure if these following links will have what you are looking for re:
tax relief policies, but they are worth checking out anyway. They are all
listed on our web site's Links page and are all PDF files requiring Adobe
Acrobat reader.
<http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html#Studies>

1. Community Development through Gardening: State and Local Policies
Transforming Urban Open Space by Jane E. Schukoske. A PDF file that can be
downloaded from NYU website.
<http://www.nyu.edu/pubs/jlpp/articles/v3n2.html>

2.  National Community Garden Survey 1996, ACGA Monograph by Suzanne
Monroe-Santos PDF file
<http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/index.html#Survey>

3. Comprehensive Plans, Zoning Regulations, Open Space Policies and Goals
Concerning Community Gardens and Open Green Space from the Cities of
Seattle, Berkeley, Boston, and Chicago:
Information compiled by ACGA Member Lenny Librizzi for the GreenThumb Grow
Together Workshop ³Lessons From Community Gardening Programs In Other
Cities³ given March 20, 1999. PDF file
<http://www.communitygarden.org/links/cg_policies.pdf>

Happy Holidays,
Laura