Re: Raise beds

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Raise beds
  • From: Lekoma Akate lekoma216@cox.net
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:23:33 -0600

Title: Re: [cg] Raise beds
You might also consider boards or timbers made from recycled materials.  They are more expensive, but do last a really long time.  Lekoma

From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:30:03 -0500
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: [cg] Raise beds

My untreated, wood frame raised bed has lasted me over 10 years now in NYC.
If you used brick or stone to frame your bed, it should last longer. Some
folks do equally as well with unframed beds. Don't know why you're doing
only 3-4 years. I mean, if you're composting and building up your soil, 3-4
years is when you're starting to cook.

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman