Re: Raise beds

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Raise beds
  • From: "Deborah Mills" deborah@greencure.org
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:15:59 -0800

Title: Re: [cg] Raise beds
I hope you are not talking about the "plastic" lumber that is being made from recycled milk jugs. Of course, they will last "forever" but here lies the problem. They will never, never, never decompose, just like Styrofoam. If humans weren't so fickle about their likes and dislikes and always wanting to change things around I would say great. To date, plastic timbers can not be re-recycled (unless it is reused). My fear is that our land fills will reach their capacity because of such items.
I know it initially sounds good but together let's think of the bigger picture here.
Deborah Mills

You might also consider boards or timbers made from recycled materials.  They are more expensive, but do last a really long time.  Lekoma