NYC community garden research

  • Subject: [cg] NYC community garden research
  • From: "Brian Kehoe" brkehoe@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:36:40 -0500

I introduced myself to this listserv about a month ago.
I am a Master's in Planning student at SUNY Buffalo and have begun work on a thesis about community gardens.
I will be in NYC researching community gardens from Jan 7th - 11th.
Could I ask for the assistance of some NYC gardeners?  Would any knowledgeable people be interested in talking with me?

I have reviewed the topical literature and understand some of the pertinent issues.
My thesis topic is not yet tightly defined but I hope to explore the nexus of community gardens and land use and land value.

My hunch is that NYC could provide a sufficient "database" to answer whatever questions my thesis poses.

I would appreciate any and all help with my research.
I believe my work will provide useful information for community gardeners and planners.

Sincerely,
Brian Kehoe