Re: NYTimes.com Article: Mayor's Proposal Envisions LowerManhattan as an Urban Hamlet

  • Subject: Re: [cg] NYTimes.com Article: Mayor's Proposal Envisions LowerManhattan as an Urban Hamlet
  • From: Daniel Winterbottom nina@u.washington.edu
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:00:48 -0800 (PST)

I was floored.  Maybe I didn't understand the fellow, but despite the
early stages it sounds like a vision, something I find lacking amoung our
elected officials here in Seattle!

Some ideas do come from the stangest places.

I did see parks but couldn't find community gardens, nothing alittle
education can't help.  Adam can you get us 5 minutes with the man?

All the best
Daniel

Associate Professor
Daniel Winterbottom Department of Landscape Architecture
University of Washington
Box 355734
Seattle, WA 98195-5734
Phone 206 616 1876