Re: good community garden book?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] good community garden book?
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:04:26 +1100

Just another thought, if you are designing for kids you may like to invite
volunteer artists in the area to run workshops with kids to make some
sculptural additions to the garden - these could include mosaics (tile or
pebbles), animal and plant sculptures, decorations for fencing or gates.
Having art in the garden adds interest during times when there isn't much
happening (winter) and also inspires through the added visual texture. Also
art could take the form of educational signage.

I also think that designing the garden with paths which weave around and
fork makes the visiting to the garden more fun for kids.