RE: Master Gardeners

  • Subject: [cg] RE: Master Gardeners
  • From: "lisa vandyke" vandykelisa@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:59:51 -0600

Hi Folks, I've been quiet lately, but have to add a thought to what Diane was noticing about our local MGs. I am in Mpls, and tried to enter the MG program where they train you at the U. My application was denied inspite of 20 years as a community garden coordinator and manager.Hennepin and Ramsey counties have too many people applying for the slots available, so they screen folks. Prefernce is for those that have taken workshops at the arboretum (I kid you not) and people who have continuely applied. Actual volunteer experience counts for nothing. So - I took the course for a fee and got credit for it at the U. Credit seeking students were tested with a final exam and midterm, official master gardener types did an open book that didn't get graded. I got a A, but cannot be considered a true master gardener...best forthe season to all..

Lisa in Mpls

From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you’ll find a range of helpful holiday info here. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden