offering tilling as part of community garden services

  • Subject: [cg] offering tilling as part of community garden services
  • From: cdcg@juno.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:44:18 GMT

Hi all,
I manage a large (39 gardens/600 gardeners) community gardening program in upstate New York. We have always offered free tilling as part of our services, and at present charge our gardeners a very low sign-up fee ($10). As we've grown, we have continued to offer tilling at no charge to our gardeners, though it taxes our small staff considerably and gives gardeners a reason to inundate us with calls in the spring (why haven't you tilled my garden yet? when will you till my plot? i haven't had a good season because you tilled so late....).

I would like to institute a fee-for service policy as regards tilling and wonder if a)anyone else has faced this issue and b)if so, what a fair-market price might be for such a service.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have on the great tilling debate.

Marci Nelligan

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!