Thoughts on the tsunami

  • Subject: [cg] Thoughts on the tsunami
  • From: Don Boekelheide dboekelheide@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:35:54 -0800 (PST)

Off-topic post, but just a note sending prayers and
solidarity to the communities around the Bay of Bengal
following the horrific damage from the tsunami there.
Years ago, my wife and I spent an unforgettable part
of our honeymoon in Kopipi, Thailand, which was
reportedly hit especially hard, without warning. It is
nightmarish to think about Kopipi, as close to
paradise as either of us have ever been, barely rising
above the sea.

If anyone on this list or their friends or family are
directly affected, you have my deepest sympathies. If
anyone hears of an especially effective group working
in post-disaster recovery efforts, please post their
contact information so we can all support them
directly. From what I saw as Peace Corps volunteer
during 3 years plus in Togo, Medecins Sans
Frontiers/Doctors Without Borders is a first-class
group - they are already mobilizing, here's their
website: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Don B. Charlotte NC