Re: Comments from the TV project coordinator

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Comments from the TV project coordinator
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:07:25 EST

Hmmm...

"We will be pitching this in January. I will let you all know how it
goes. If we are successful we will  promote  your work in any way we
can__though showcasing, website links and perhaps  a show devoted to
community gardens.

Anyone that we might work with should feel confidant  that an
arrangement of mutual respect would be assured. This is not about
exploitation. It's about collaboration. We need to collaborate__and I
understand why there is suspicion about anything to do with the
media.....but as I said, I believe we are all on the same team here."

Looks like a nice start. FYI - Rick Bagiagalupi, the producer of "A Lot in
Common," a series focused on community gardens, provided copies of his
documentary for the ACGA convention and kept links to the American Community Gardening
Association website on his production website for a few years. Oh, and Rick
was sure to pay up his ACGA dues.

Good luck with your pitch. When it comes to going forward, and you come up
with a draft agreement with community gardens ( most of which are not media
savvy - and why should they be?) key components should include mandatory
production insurance, video copies of material shot in the gardens ( so we can show it
to our own funders and use for self-promotion of our not-for-profit gardens)
and a respectful treatment of the gardeners and gardens being filmed.

Also, you really should read the ACGA website, http://communitygarden.org to
learn about the work that we do in the US and Canada as  gardeners and to
"Build Community from the Ground Up."  Good luck.

Regards,
Adam Honigman