Re: Garden survey

Hi, Folks!

This is probably ancient history at this point, but I've finally finished my
soil building for the year (actually the ground froze on me! ;-)), so I'm
back to catching up on e-mail! ;-)

>My name is Eileen Durkin and I supervise the Community Garden Program for
>the Urbana Park District in Urbana, Illinois. [...]

>I would be interested  information from other similar community garden
>programs.  Specifically, I am looking for:

St. John's Organic Community Garden, Phoenixville, PA

>Plot size:  25 foot square the first year -- double plot the 2nd year if
you have shown that you can handle it, as large as you can handle the 3rd
year and up.

>Price to rent if any:  No fees

>Organic/not organic:  ORGANIC ONLY!!!!!

>Ammenities (water, tools etc.) Water, toolshed with 3 wheelbarrows and a
few hand tools, manure when delivered

>Growing season:  USDA Zone 6

>Community size: Phoenixville contains about 16,000 people, but is part of
the Greater Philadelphia Region which means that we are overrun with
suburban sprawl.

Hope this helps -- late as it is!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator
St. John's Organic Community Garden