RE: Christmas Cactus

This is a listserve for community gardeners primarily, but as I'm waiting
for a bounce from composition, I'll answer you quickly.

I have an Easter/Christmas cactus (whatever gentile holiday you want to call
it) on my windowsill in Manhattan which blooms twice a year in November and
in April ( maybe it's a Hannukah/Passover cactus).

With your problem, I'd call up your local botanical/horticultural society
and ask who knows from cactii. What may be an Xmas cactus to you maybe could
be  something different. Once you have a receptive ear(s) I'd send them
photos of the plant ( is this plant indoors, outdoors, what part of the
country, etc.) Maybe it is an issue of overwatering or potbound-ness.

Plant people can be nice about this. Who knows? Maybe you have an
overachieving cactus that  is only supposed to bloom once in 10 years!

Best wishes,