RE: Community Garden

I'd go to the library and read about crop rotation, a traditional organic
farming method. Check the web, get materials from the Alabama Dept of
Agriculture, the USDA. I personally rotate veggies in my small veggie plot
to help replenish nutrients that each veggie depletes. There is a scientific
way of doing this, hence my research suggestions.

In our NYC community garden, http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org  bags of
commercially processed is worked into the soil and raw horse manure added to
our compost heap by adults. We usually use gloves and wash our hands. I know
that there are some e-coli issues, but we're not researched them. Again, I'd
suggest that you contact your local board of health and agriculture
departments for guidance.

Happy gardening,