need info. on other community gardens

Eagle Heights Community Gardens needs your help.  EHCG is an organic
community garden that has existed on the University of Wisconsin-Madison
campus since 1962.  Each year we have between 750-1000 gardeners
cultivating our land, about half of whom are affiliated in some way with
the University.  We have 456 individual garden plots, each one
approximately 600 square feet in size.  We currently occupy about 6.5 acres
of space.  To date, EHCG has been run each year by a committee of volunteer
gardeners, with no paid members.  We are writing a grant proposal to the
University to seek funding for a Garden Coordinator because we have never
been able to follow through on any of the programming (for example a
Children's Gardening Program) that gets underway during any given year.  We
believe that we are one of the largest community gardens in the country,
and one of the oldest continously operating ones, but we don't know for sure.

My questions for the wider gardening community are this:

1. How do we compare with other community gardens in terms of
a. the number of gardeners we serve (750-1000)
b. the size of our plots (600 square ft.)
c. the acreage that we occupy (6.5 acres)

Your response is deeply appreciated!

David Shiffert, EHG Chairperson
909-D Eagle Heights
Madison, WI 53705-1611