Organic Gardening/Weeding

Friend:

On your previous communication. Weeding is work and can be rough on the
knees and the back, but hard work was never toxic in and of itself, but most
commercial anti-weed preparations by definition are. In fact, America's
search for the perfect weed-free lawn is carcinogenic. In fact, golf courses
are for the most part the most toxic green spaces we have ( there is a
movement to create organic golf courses, if you can believe such a thing).

Weeding ( if combined with stretching before hand, and if it is kept up on a
daily basis with throughout the gardening season) is beneficial to the
recreational gardener. I'd suggest you research Organic anti-weed strategies
in:

Organic Gardener Magazine ( A Rodale Press Publication)
PO Box 7377
Red Oak, IA
51591-2377

I'd also check out the web and your local public library. Also, check out
the ACGA website , http://www.communitygarden.org ,for community gardens
near you for advice on organic gardening in your area.

Personally, I wouldn't let my kid near a bed with anti-weed chemicals, nor
would I eat from it. In fact, if I had to touch it, I'd be sure to
immediately wash my hands thoroughly.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Bowne Publishing Division