Re: Vegetables for landscaping

At 06:05 PM 02/14/2001 -0700, Dr. Kenneth L. Goldsberry wrote:
>Gentlepersons... I'm preparing two programs on using vegetables in
landscaping. 1) Use of plants in front and back yard displays and 2)
Vegetables in containers.   I am seeking slides, plans and experiences of
the same.   Is there someone in your organization that might be able to
help?  Do you know of anyone with experience in the areas that might have
photos etc?

Kenneth:

The queen of edible landscaping is Rosalind Creasy, whose definitive work,
at least IMHO, is THE COMPLETE BOOK OF EDIBLE LANDSCAPING (Sierra Club,
1982), now out of print but often available at www.bibliofind.com.  Most of
this material has, within the last couple of years, been reissued in a
gorgeous series of oversized trade paperbacks, $19.95 each, that should be
readily available at any online bookseller or through your local bookseller;
search for them by author name and you should find them.

Also, check your local library for anything related to kitchen gardening;
there are a whole host of new books that show how to incorporate edible
plants, including flowers, herbs, and veggies, into the landscape.  (If you
and/or others are interested, I can send you my selected bibliography as a
file attachment.  Just respond to me personally, rather than to the list, so
that I don't hog bandwidth with an attachment.)

Hope this helps,

Dawn

Dawn M. Ripley
Holdfast Farm