Hour-long family projects needed. . .

Hi, Folks!

St. John's United Church of Christ usually has these little craft sessions
instead of Sunday School to get families together for Christmas and Lent.
This year, the Christian Education group decided to do one for Eco-Justice
Sabbath (Sunday after Easter) instead of Lent.  Since I'm the resident
eco-expert, Christian Education came to me.  I have no clue, so I'm throwing
the question to the group (where I know lots of folks have experience with
crafts for kids and families).

What we are looking for is a variety of crafts that can be completed in an
hour.  They can be for different age levels, as the senior citizens, as well
as the families with tiny kids and the teenagers come out in droves for
these craft events, so it's okay to have several different crafts that take
different skill levels.  Since the theme is Eco-Justice Sabbath, the crafts
should be of benefit for the community garden (:-D) or something folks can
take home and use to better nature/the environment.

So far, Christian Education and I have come up with the following:

Planting marigold seeds in peat pots (so kids can plant them in their own
yards when they get big -- gosh, did we get marigold seeds this year! ;-))

Painting bird feeders

As you can see, we need serious help!  What types of craft things could
folks do -- especially things that we could put in the community garden later?

Thanks for the help -- gosh, do I need it! ;-0

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of