inspiration from this list

Dear Amanda Maria Edmonds,

I love to hear your enthusiasm and about the kind of research you want to
focus on.  I would guess you have a wonderful few years ahead of you in your
research!  Thanks to Rich for mentioning our book A Place To Grow.  David and
I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to know all of these fine people
who are featured in our book...to work with them, to visit and talk with them,
sometimes for hours, and to keep in touch with them.  We gave a reading from
the book in Detroit last December and met a few people from the university and
from Flint Community Gardeners (Katherine and Ashley).  If you do not know
them already, email me and I will give you their names.  We may be coming up
to give a reading this summer in Flint!  It'd be great to meet you.

There are a few other good books on community gardening you may want to look
up.  To Dwell is to Garden by Sam Bass Warner Jr. (he lives in Boston).  His
more recent book is called something like Restorative Gardens.  The USDA did a
report on Cathrine Sneed's work in San Francisco called "The Garden Project".
It recognized her work in reducing the recidivism rate of prisoners.

Lynn