Community Gardening Grants

I am an Asian Studies teacher at Evanston Township High School, in Evanston,
Illinois (just north of Chicago).  My students and I are creating a Japanese
dry landscape garden on the campus of our high school and we are currently
seeking funds to follow through with our project.  Does anyone have
information relating to community gardening grants?  We are most grateful for
your comments and ideas.
-Kelly McKee