URP funding cuts

Greetings all,

I am writing to clarify some information regarding the URP
termination/funding cuts. As I wrote earlier today, it is only confirmed at
this point that PA & CA NRCS funds are supposed to be terminated, though the
program as a whole is being terminated countrywide and will not be renewed
next year. (Which means  recipients in other states should be able to
continue this grant cycle.)

Given that yesterday I wrote that there were implications in NYC, I wish to
specifically clarify that according to the URP coordinator there, things
look positive, and people should proceed as such.  I apologize for any
confusion I might have caused.

For now, any PA/CA folks and our supporters can contact elected/appointed
officials with comments.

Thanks to everyone!

Emily Maxwell
Greening Coordinator
United Communities Southeast Philadelphia
ucmaxwell@earthlink.net
(215) 467-8700 x27