RE: compost

The town of West Hartford, Connecticut, delivers screened leaf compost free to homeowners.  Unfortunately, they privatized their composting operation and the compost is now worth money, so they are not quite so generous as they once were with our community gardens in the adjacent city of Hartford.  One year they delivered over 100 truckloads to our gardens.  I think they still drop off compost at the two community garden sites run by the Town of West Hartford.  Hartford's municipal compost is so full of junk that the community gardeners won't take it.
-----Original Message-----
From: community_garden-admin@mallorn.com [mailto:community_garden-admin@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of Fred Conrad
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 4:28 PM
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: [cg] compost

i was asked by a friend at city hall if Atlanta is the only city with a yard trimmings diversion program that makes compost available for free to community gardens, delivered even.  anybody else out there getting municipal compost?

Community Garden Coordinator
Atlanta Community Food Bank
970 Jefferson Street, NW
Atlanta, GA  30318