RE: Creative Land Acquisition

When it comes to land leases with  tax write-offs that would pass muster
with both the Internal Revenue Service and the California Dept. of Taxation,
I would very strongly suggest the professional advice of a competent real
estate/tax attorney.

Unlike filing for incorporation as a 501(c) (3)  not-for-profit corporation
( which can be filled out by a careful lay-person using a good
do-it-yourself kit) real estate and tax law is complex. I would not offer
this deal proactively to landowners in your area. Like they say on TV, do
not attempt this stunt yourself, the people who can do this are

My advice: Go to a local University with a law school. Usually most of them
have a pro-bono law clinic. Take a number and get yourself incorporated as a
501(c) (3) corporation to facilitate the acceptance of tax deductable cash
and in-kind contributions to your garden . Discuss your idea with them and
see what the law students and their supervising attorneys think.

Good luck,
Adam Honigman