community gardens in montgomery county, MD.

Does anyone out there know who I should call to find out about the
availability of community garden plots in montgomery county, MD, or
surrounding area.  I have always loved to garden but unfortunately live
in a small apartment without much land to work with and am,
consequently, looking for a community lot.  I have not had much success
finding a phone number so if anyone has any information I would
appreciate it.  Thanks for your help.  Sharon Groves