query: start-up costs

I am working on a proposal for a community garden.  I need to make a budget
and wonder if anyone can answer these questions:

1. Exactly what lumber and other materials are needed to build a raised bed,
say a series of raised rows to cover most of a lot (I don't have the
dimensions yet, so let's say its 25 by 40)

2. How many yards of soil do you need per square yard of garden?

Many thanks!