RE: query: how to argue for land

  • Subject: RE: [cg] query: how to argue for land
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:21:27 -0500

Jane,

I'm buried today, but I 'll point you in the right direction. With proper
coordination and garden lay-out, your Hartford community garden can work
beautifully for both seniors, children and those of us who are in between.

With nicely laid out beds for kids and enabled bed and wall gardens for
seniors and folks in wheelchairs, your garden will be absolutely
extraordinary.

For the word picture you are painting for your city fathers, go to the ACGA
website links section: http://www.communitygarden.org and check out
gardening with children.

Here is a Q&A response on enabled gardening:
http://www.communitygarden.org/faq/2.2.html

The big idea is to provide a safe, well run green space where children and
seniors can meet, sometimes work on similar projects, improving the quality
of life in the neighborhood.

With folks in the mid age range who are looking out for seniors and juniors,
this community garden can be a humanizing and stabilizing force in the
community that costs Hartford peanuts.

Best wishes, tell us how it works out and please renew your ACGA membership!
Adam Honigman