RE: Re: Social Value of Community Gardens

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Re: Social Value of Community Gardens
  • From: "Jim.Call" <jimcall@casagarden.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:38:38 -0600

Julie,
Speaking of studies, I have recently posted a research paper on my website
called the
"Benefits of Adult Education in Community Gardens as perceived by Community
Garden Educators".  This paper was composed by Sara Spence at the University
of
Nebraska-Lincoln as part of her Masters Degree requirements.  Sara conducted
interviews with several of the CGers on this listserv. She graduated with
her
Masters in Dec 2001.

Many times this listserv's participants have been asked to help in some type
of research effort.  Rarely, do we ever see the finished product.

Please go to www.casagarden.com, then click on Garden News.  Its in PDF
format.

Adam may enjoy reading this one over a few beers and pizza :)

Hope you enjoy.

Please ignore the dust on the web site, we are in the middle of relocating
our
garden.  How many CG get to move next to a beautiful botanical garden and
take "Mother Earth" with them?

Kindest regards,   Jim Call, CASA Community Garden Volunteer Dir.

http://www.communitygarden.org