RE: is ACGA virtual?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] is ACGA virtual?
  • From: Betsy Johnson betsy@bostonnatural.org
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:08:17 -0500

To answer Don's question:

ACGA is very real -- and not virtual.  The Board of Directors has its
regular winter meeting this week (Feb. 6-9 in Birmingham Alabama).  At that
meeting we will be reviewing the various options for staffing and location
of a national office.   Last week representatives of ACGA held a very
successful Briefing Session with representatives from national foundations
and corporations.  The Call for Papers for the July 31 - August 3 Annual
Conference in Chicago is now out.

As treasurer, I report that our financial situation is stable and strong
enough to allow us to consider staffing options.  However, the strength of
the organization still depends on members, and we do need everyone who has
yet to renew his/her annual membership (September 1- August 30 Member Year)
to renew (this can be done on line) or to JOIN.

Even with a new national office location -- the new one should be up and
running by March 1 -- this location is not what defines ACGA -- it is all
the community garden programs across the US and Canada -- as represented by
board members from across the two countries.  For those who want
addresses/phones/email contact information for the next few weeks:

For mail: continue to use 100 North 20th 5th floor, Philadelphia PA
19103-1495 attn Sally McCabe.
For email inquiries, send to betsy@bgjohnson.com
For phone inquiries, call Ellen Kirby, president 718-623-7251.

Betsy Johnson, treasurer ACGA