Re: other dangers to children

  • Subject: [cg] Re: other dangers to children
  • From: "lisa vandyke" vandykelisa@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:42:15 -0600

Jack and all you folks,

I have avoided treated wood for years, and also see the statistical odds as minute, but...

why do we continue to produce stuff like this?

Along your thought line - I was recently really set back when I spent a few hours in one of our area inner-city highschools and was told not to drink from the hall water fountains as the lead in the pipes has never been dealt with. The  kids are forced to buy bottled water produced by the Coke company. In line with all the budget cutting in this part of the country and our presidents proposed cuts, the poor kids will continue to get lead poisoning, and Coke will get richer. Hmmmm.

Lisa in Mpls

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden