youth community gardens

  • Subject: [cg] youth community gardens
  • From: "Pete Rasmussen" joynpete@cheqnet.net
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:48:06 -0600

I live in Northern Wisconsin and have been working to create a network of children's community gardens here. It has been wonderfully successful and children, parents, teachers, and the greater community seem to enjoy these projects. I have been asked by our local college to speak with high school students from many Lake Superior communities about the benefits of community gardens for society, environment, health, etc. The community garden association website is a great resource and I am using it to prepare my discussion. Can anyone out there give me some more web based resources that would be good to look at? printed resources? words of experience? thoughts? Please help me make this the best introduction possible to community gardens for these students. These kids potentially will return to their communities with action plans to initiate projects~
I really appreciate some input!
joy in wisconsin