garden origins and waiting list

  • Subject: [cg] garden origins and waiting list
  • From: "JENNIFER LYNN" jennifer.lynn@verizon.net
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:02:42 -0800

Hello,

I am cinducting research on community gardens hoping to make them an integral part of urban planning across the nation.  Right now I am just trying to learn more about the existing gardens.  Could anyone help me find a source for statistical answers to questions like:

1. How many community gardens are there in the U.S.?

2. What percentage were started by government programs verses community members and organizations?

3. What percentage of community gardens have waiting lists for plots?  What is the average size of waiting lists?

4. Has government support and funding for community gardens increased or decreased in the past 10 years?

Again, I appreciate any help.  I hope this research benefits all of us and our lovely planet.

Blessings,

Jennifer