Community Gardens Policy (City of Milwaukee (WI) Community Garden Model Policy Consideration)

  • Subject: [cg] Community Gardens Policy (City of Milwaukee (WI) Community Garden Model Policy Consideration)
  • From: Diana Kanter dikanter@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:34:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi all:

My name is Diana Kanter.  I'm new to the group, but
found a great thread from 1999 regarding policies
other cities have implemented to protect community
gardens.  I would like to revive that conversation.

Milwaukee Urban Gardens, a local land trust, has
requested help from the University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee Urban Planning Department students
to investigate policies that other cities have
implemented to protect and conserve community gardens.
 Any policies you know of can greatly help our cause.

Another issue I would like to find information on is
how economic conditions such as the ones that we are
facing today affect policies that seek to protect and
conserve community garden.

Finally, any feedback on from groups in Milwaukee who
have tried to create community gardens is more than
welcome.  We are looking for input, so we may
hopefully make the process better.

Thank you for your indulgance in this topic and thanks
in advance for all your help!

Diana Kanter
Urban PlanningStudent, University of WI-Milwaukee
dikanter@yahoo.com
(414) 429-2053

http://shopping.yahoo.com